As part of a Catholic education, St. Mary’s program strives to be a ministry that is inviting and challenging the students to make their faith living, conscious, and active in all areas of their lives while realizing that growth in faith is a lifelong process.
- To provide support for the primary catechists: the parents
- To provide the students with opportunities to acquire knowledge of Scripture and the living traditions and teachings of the Catholic Church
- To provide experiences that will allow the students to develop personal relational skills and a sense of self identity
- To provide experiences and information that will encourage students to develop an awareness of his/her place in the larger community
- To encourage respect for the diversity of religious traditions throughout the world
- Class meets on Wednesdays from 5:15 pm – 6:00 pm, September through April. The curriculum used is Finding God from Loyola Press.
- Finding God presents the authentic teachings of the Catholic Church through active-learning techniques that allow children to participate, learn, and grow in faith and discipleship. Rooted in Ignition spirituality, the Finding God program engages the whole child—mind, heart, body, and soul—uniquely guiding children to practice prayer and reflection, to explore scripture, and to find God in all things.
5th- 12th Grade
- Class meets on Wednesdays from 6:45 pm – 8:00 pm, September through April. The curriculum used is Finding God from Loyola Press, Theology of the Body for Teens from Ascension Press (8th Grade), and Confirmation (9th & 10th grades) with lessons based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Theology of the Body for Teens is specifically designed for 6th through 8th grades. It uses a great mix of stories, real-life examples, activities, prayers, and references to the culture that are relevant to lives of the youth.
- Children in 2nd grade receive the sacraments of First Communion and Reconciliation. For more information on these sacraments, please visit our Sacraments page.
- Children in 9th and 10th grade receive the sacrament of Confirmation. For more information on this sacrament, please visit our Sacraments page. (hyperlink)
The Youth Group at St. Mary’s meets generally on Sundays. Activities vary a great deal, but have included service projects, movie viewings, retreats, Eucharistic Adoration and Mass, prayer vigils and many more. The youth group meets at 11:30 am – 1:00 pm on the first and third Sunday of the month, and at 6:00 pm on the second and fourth Sundays. Most activities are for high school students, but there are many that also include 7th and 8th grade. It is best to watch the bulletin and other announcements, or call the parish office to get full details.